May 22, 2020
This is it! The last parent newsletter of the year! The school year is (almost) over!
See the plan for the last week of school below:
- • Monday May 25: Memorial Day – No school!
- Tuesday, May 26: Egg Drop! (Info included in the Bella Vista Bag). As families, do your own egg drop and share pictures, reports, info with your teachers.
- Wednesday, May 27: Family Field Day o The PTA has prepared a handout of fun field day activities that can be enjoyed by the whole family
- Thursday, May 28: School Slide Show – A slide show is being created; the link will be shared via email with all families.
- May 29: Official Last Day of School – At 10:00, on the school’s website, the Bella Vista “Clap Out” tradition will continue! See teachers and staff “clap you out” of Bella Vista for the 2019-2020 school year.
What are the teachers doing the last week of school?
- Cleaning/shutting down classrooms
- Grading students’ Canvas submissions
- Answering parent emails
- Contacting students through Google Classroom or Google Meet
- Finishing report cards
- Working on the District Grading Professional Development on Canvas
- Completing preparation work for required District technology Professional Development in July and August
- Preparing for school to start in August
Bella Vista’s Year in Review
- Welcome back students!
- School score prediction contest for the BYU/U of U Game: Winner: Mrs. Robinson’s 4th grade class!
- PTA Carnival!!!
- Picture Day! Smile for the camera!
- Chess Club begins
- Red Ribbon Week and Reflections Assembly
- Halloween parade and Halloween walk on the stage
- • November:
- 5th Grade Play: “Tall Tales and Heroes”
- Glee Club Performances
- Christmas sing-a-long
- Tony the Tiger’s bowl of frosted flakes for every student
- House activities begin
- Career Day
- Quilting Club begins
- PTA Bingo Night!
- Read Across America Week
- School closure begins March 16
- And the closure continues…..
- Spring Recess!
- On-line learning begins
- And it’s still continuing…
- Bella Vista on Parade in school neighborhoods
- Field trips and the 4th grade play cancelled
- Modified end-of-year activities including egg drop, field day, slide show, and “clap out”
For me, it’s been an eventful year professionally and personally. I have enjoyed my year at Bella Vista and have learned much about my leadership and skills while working with students and staff here.
I love, love, love the tigers at Bella Vista; they have filled my heart!
I also love, love, love the staff here as well; they are also in my heart!
Retiring from Bella Vista has been a wonderful way to end my career. Thank you for the love, support, and memories!
Always a tiger…..