October 21, 2019
Bella Vista Families,
Happy Halloween!!! I love October! It’s time to crunch leaves, drink cider, and read a scary story! Boo!
October means Halloween! I don’t know about you, but our students are very excited for Halloween and our costume parade on October 31, at 9:15 AM. For this year, we are planning to parade outside on the south playground instead of in the gym.
Here’s the school’s plan:
- We will collect the students in the school by grade so we are a long line of costumed tigers, and then we will make our way outside to the back of the school where we will walk in a big circle around our friends and family.
- After circling around a couple of times, we will make our way back inside for Halloween fun!
Here’s what the school needs you to do:
- Send your students to school in their costumes.
- Remember: No masks, weapons, or facsimiles of weapons.
- Bring your blankets and hot cocoa and find a viewing spot by the playground.
- Bring your own folding/lawn chairs.
- A parade route map is forthcoming so you will know where to set up your chairs.
- Take pictures, wave, greet, and smile as you watch the tigers on parade.
- We are requesting that no parents enter the school after the parade.
Inclement weather: No problem! We will have the traditional costume parade inside the school gym.
After the parade, all students will participate with their grades in Halloween activities sponsored by the PTA: A Halloween walk on the stage (student friendly), a Halloween treat, and a Halloween craft.
It’s bound to be a “spook-tacular” day!
Friendly School Reminders:
- Reflections Open House – View our Reflections submissions
- Tuesday, October 22, from 3:30 to 6:00
- Reflections Awards Assembly
- Thursday, October 24, 9:15