2020 - 2021 Supplemental Kindergarten
Ready for ‘Big Kid’ School? Apply for CSD’s Supplemental Kindergarten Program
Ready for “big kid” school? Kindergarten is a critical year in a child’s education, and to make sure students get off to a strong start, we are expanding the number of hours some of our kindergartners spend in the classroom. Starting on Wednesday, Jan. 22 at 10 a.m., Canyons District will begin accepting online applications for its Supplemental Hours of Kindergarten Instruction program for the 2020-2021 school year. Our school is among 20 throughout the District that is offering the program. Students must be 5 years old by Sept. 1, 2020 to participate in the opt-in, tuition-based program. Space is limited and applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Phase one of the application process will end on Wednesday, Feb. 5 at 11:59 p.m., and by Feb. 12, families will be notified of whether their students have been admitted to a school of their choosing or placed on a waiting list. Canyons District will continue to accept applications after Feb. 5. Students who apply after that date will be added to a waiting list or invited to enroll at schools that still have openings. Students who are accepted into the program will receive nearly four additional hours of instruction every school day. The participating children begin and end school at the same time as the school’s first- through fifth-grade students. Cost for the program is $2,950 a year, and can be paid in monthly installments. A 10 percent discount is available for parents and guardians who pay the yearly tuition in full at one time. Read more on CSD’s website.
Principal's Message 12/19/2019
Christmas is next week! Wow! Both students and staff at Bella Vista are excited for a 2-week break.
Last day of school: Friday, December 20, 2019 (early release day)
School resumes: Monday, January 6, 2020
There is always something exciting happening at our Tiger school! Here’s a sample of
- Holiday Donation Drive, sponsored by the PTA
- We received two tables full of donations for the Road Home, including non-perishable food and household items. Students were asked to put their items on a table corresponding with their favorite Christmas character, an elf or a reindeer.
Hands down, the reindeer were the favorite…. Regardless, the tables of goods will be given to friends at the Road Home. Thank you all for your generosity.
- Glee Club Performances
- Our singing tigers in the Glee Club have been busy learning and sharing holiday tunes. They have been working on Christmas music for several months and had an opportunity to share their talents at Primary Children’s Hospital, Westech Engineering, and Coventry Assisted Living. All three crowds enjoyed the jolly songs and responded with great applause. The students at the school will be able to enjoy the music group on Friday as part of our school sing-a-long.
- Classroom Activities
- Our excellent teachers have managed to enjoy some holiday fun while teaching reading, writing, and ‘rithmetic! Between holiday-themed worksheets and candy house art projects, our students have continued learning while enjoying the season!
- Holiday Decorations
- For the first time in many years, the school’s office has a Christmas tree on display, along with a Menorah and a Kwanzaa Candle Set. Because of the wonderful diversity that is increasing in our school, we want all to celebrate their holiday and cultural traditions.
The year 2020 is just around the corner, and like many of you, I’m hopeful for a continued happy and positive year at Bella Vista as we watch our students learn and grow!