In keeping with our Last Day tradition, we are having our Clap Out with social distancing! We wish we could give you our applause and high fives in person, but here’s the next best thing! Have a wonderful and safe Summer Break!
May 22, 2020
This is it! The last parent newsletter of the year! The school year is (almost) over!
See the plan for the last week of school below:
- • Monday May 25: Memorial Day – No school!
- Tuesday, May 26: Egg Drop! (Info included in the Bella Vista Bag). As families, do your own egg drop and share pictures, reports, info with your teachers.
- Wednesday, May 27: Family Field Day o The PTA has prepared a handout of fun field day activities that can be enjoyed by the whole family
- Thursday, May 28: School Slide Show – A slide show is being created; the link will be shared via email with all families.
- May 29: Official Last Day of School – At 10:00, on the school’s website, the Bella Vista “Clap Out” tradition will continue! See teachers and staff “clap you out” of Bella Vista for the 2019-2020 school year.
What are the teachers doing the last week of school?
- Cleaning/shutting down classrooms
- Grading students’ Canvas submissions
- Answering parent emails
- Contacting students through Google Classroom or Google Meet
- Finishing report cards
- Working on the District Grading Professional Development on Canvas
- Completing preparation work for required District technology Professional Development in July and August
- Preparing for school to start in August
Bella Vista’s Year in Review
- Welcome back students!
- School score prediction contest for the BYU/U of U Game: Winner: Mrs. Robinson’s 4th grade class!
- PTA Carnival!!!
- Picture Day! Smile for the camera!
- Chess Club begins
- Red Ribbon Week and Reflections Assembly
- Halloween parade and Halloween walk on the stage
- • November:
- 5th Grade Play: “Tall Tales and Heroes”
- Glee Club Performances
- Christmas sing-a-long
- Tony the Tiger’s bowl of frosted flakes for every student
- House activities begin
- Career Day
- Quilting Club begins
- PTA Bingo Night!
- Read Across America Week
- School closure begins March 16
- And the closure continues…..
- Spring Recess!
- On-line learning begins
- And it’s still continuing…
- Bella Vista on Parade in school neighborhoods
- Field trips and the 4th grade play cancelled
- Modified end-of-year activities including egg drop, field day, slide show, and “clap out”
For me, it’s been an eventful year professionally and personally. I have enjoyed my year at Bella Vista and have learned much about my leadership and skills while working with students and staff here.
I love, love, love the tigers at Bella Vista; they have filled my heart!
I also love, love, love the staff here as well; they are also in my heart!
Retiring from Bella Vista has been a wonderful way to end my career. Thank you for the love, support, and memories!
Always a tiger…..
Summer break is just around the corner, but Canyons District will continue to provide free, nutritious meals to students through its curbside grab-and-go meal service.
Through June 30, 2020, all students 18 years of age and under will be able to pick up a free, nutritious sack lunch, Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 14 convenient locations. Students also will receive a cold breakfast to refrigerate and enjoy the following day.
Please note that due to construction, the curbside meal service at Hillcrest High (350 S 900 East) will conclude on Friday, May 29, but families may choose to visit any of the other nearby locations listed below.