Christmas is next week! Wow! Both students and staff at Bella Vista are excited for a 2-week break.
Last day of school: Friday, December 20, 2019 (early release day)
School resumes: Monday, January 6, 2020
There is always something exciting happening at our Tiger school! Here’s a sample of
- Holiday Donation Drive, sponsored by the PTA
- We received two tables full of donations for the Road Home, including non-perishable food and household items. Students were asked to put their items on a table corresponding with their favorite Christmas character, an elf or a reindeer.
Hands down, the reindeer were the favorite…. Regardless, the tables of goods will be given to friends at the Road Home. Thank you all for your generosity.
- Glee Club Performances
- Our singing tigers in the Glee Club have been busy learning and sharing holiday tunes. They have been working on Christmas music for several months and had an opportunity to share their talents at Primary Children’s Hospital, Westech Engineering, and Coventry Assisted Living. All three crowds enjoyed the jolly songs and responded with great applause. The students at the school will be able to enjoy the music group on Friday as part of our school sing-a-long.
- Classroom Activities
- Our excellent teachers have managed to enjoy some holiday fun while teaching reading, writing, and ‘rithmetic! Between holiday-themed worksheets and candy house art projects, our students have continued learning while enjoying the season!
- Holiday Decorations
- For the first time in many years, the school’s office has a Christmas tree on display, along with a Menorah and a Kwanzaa Candle Set. Because of the wonderful diversity that is increasing in our school, we want all to celebrate their holiday and cultural traditions.
The year 2020 is just around the corner, and like many of you, I’m hopeful for a continued happy and positive year at Bella Vista as we watch our students learn and grow!